Monday, January 25, 2010

So had our Retro 90's party at Studio on Saturday night. Started off slow but built up to a crazy feverish night of pure delight and insanity. I played all the fan favorites and had people screaming and yelling when I played some of the most popular tunes form the 90s. Everything from the dance stuff (Culture Beat-Mr. Vain, Haddaway-What is Love, Bloodhound Gang-Bad Touch) to boy band and girl band stuff (Backstreet Boys, N Sync, and Spice Girls) to some alternative stuff early in the evening to some old school hip-hop. One of the best cheers was for Whigfield's Saturday Night. I also mixed in the current top 40 stuff, but the overall feeling was great and I'd rank that night definitely in Top 10 of my best nights ever, maybe very close to Top 5. Finished it off with Shakespeare's Sister-Stay, and Goo Goo Dolls-Iris. Fitting....

Tonight had our Lethbridge Lodge Christmas Party. It was held at the Coast Hotel. Jen Taylor was my date. Good turnout and the food was absolutely amazing. Hippodrome, a 12 piece band, including horn section, played retro hits of the 70s primarily but good upbeat party tunes. I actually won a door prize. A one night's acomodation to the Coast Hotel. Then later on, my buddy Mike offered to trade me a rice cooker his date or friend won, 2 years in a row. So I agreed, seeing as I've wanted one for quite some time. From there went to Blarney for one quick drink, then home.

Good night overall and great weekend. Hoep this next week goes as well.

No comments: