Friday, January 8, 2010

Well it's been a tremendously long time since I blogged last. Seems I survived Christmas this year but I really do think it'll be my last. Again I really don't like spending money one that I don't really have and second for what purpose. Maybe it's because I'm getting old but it has lost it's charm. I didn't even get a chance to go up and see Taia, because I couldn't afford it. But my brother came down and mom once again cooked for an army of 12, even though there was only 3 of us. LOL.

Another reason I really hate Christmas is that I lose out on work. Grrr. Boxing Day was decent at Studio though. Backtracking a bit, the annual Festivus game on the 23rd was great. Great turn out and people don't realize how hard it is to run on snow. I was SO sore at the end of it all. And it's been so nice not to have to work in retail on it's busiest day~!

New Years eve was busy at Studio with no cover. After the night was said and done, I'd finally got fed up. I talked to some of the bartenders and heard how much they made (close to $400 for most). So here I am in the booth, creating a frenzied party atmosphere, making my $100 a night, when a bartender makes $400/night and the bar makes $1000s of dollars. How is that even close to fair. Don't get me wrong about the bartenders, they have to work hard, but they expect tips. Tips are rendered upon service given. So I will still work at Studio but I am in the process of looking for something else. I still love and enjoy my job, but it's time for me to be adequately compensated for my efforts.

Seems this cold weather ain't going away anytime soon. Caused havoc at The Lethbridge Lodge as the city's water main broke and flooded the downstairs of the place, causing it to be shut down last Monday. So we transplanted Essies at Studio. It was very weird seeing their doorman working, but it was all good.

Not much else to say. Going up to see Taia the 17th of January. And thank God I have the Cash Store Christmas party this Saturday. I'm still gonna be screwed for cash but at least I'll have a bit extra to get back on track.

To quote a terrible singer, "...Oh the times they are a changin'...." Welcome to 2010.

No comments: