Monday, June 1, 2009

Wedding on Saturday went really good. Slow start but got them whipped up in a frenzy and basically they didn't want to stop. But alas the university made them. Plus it was 2 AM already. LOL. Sunday was again a slow start then got decent. Think it'll be like that for the rest of summer.

Monday was a sad, somber day overall. First off, went to a funeral of a dear old friend. More about that in a bit. Then went to get my money from the boys at Blarney and they informed me that they were doing a live to air from the Blarney, on Sundays. They have a 3 month trial , and if they decide to go with it after 3 months, then it goes til December. But here's the catch, B93 must supply their own djs for it, so no worky for me anymore. They aren't that smart apparently. One it's summer time. There isn't gonna be a lot of people coming out on Sundays anyways. Two, they are probably paying them (the radio station) probably a lot more than they would've paid me to get them in. Three, they should've done what Lonny did in the first place and gone out to the different establishments and businesses, do the P.R. work and talk with industry people, had out gift certificates, and promote the Blarney Stone as "the place to be". Maybe their new tactic of bringing in the radio station will work, but personally speaking and from my experience, I doubt it. Might be time for me to look for something else :) At least I still have Wednesdays.... for now.

And now a truly sad note. A long time friend of mine, had funeral services today. Les "Taco" Higa passed away last week at the young age of 53 after losing his battle with Cancer. I knew him back in the Karaoke days of the Baypoint and always had a smile on his face and had a ton of fun. I still recall hearing him sing his rendition of Mack the Knife. Incredible realtor as well and founder of Coldwell Banker here in Lethbridge. I met the acquaintance of his son Raiden, while working at Spin together. Every time I talked with Raiden I always made sure to tell him to say hi to his dad for me. I will truly miss Les and will never forget him.

No comments: